March 1, 2013

Mexican fantasies.

I fantasize about vacation, and really only Mexico.

I've sort of become a snob about vacationing in Mexico, at least the paradise resorts that we've been to. I love talking about the places we've stayed and convincing people to plan a trip there.  How many times can I say "Mexico" with the murmur of a dreamlike sigh?

I have nothing against expanding our vacationing reach or transitioning my daydreams. I do know that there are so many amazing places that I need to see. But the best emotions have come out of me during these trips and I'm just so very attached.

What's better than dos tequilas, or slammers and Tecate? Water aerobics and volleyball? Pristine and perfectly decorated rooms? A waiter who makes special trips to your room to fill up your fridge? A Mexican Michael Jackson? Getting my man to dance at the discoteca while the fog machine and bass get our blood pumpin' and bodies sweatin'?

You don't do those things in real life.

But, you sure as hell do in Mexico.

This is why I work. To dream about the vacations that I get to take with the people who make my heart melt and let my soul breathe.





No comments:

Post a Comment