December 6, 2012

Let's begin ...

I remember when I was a wee-bean sitting in a desk at a Power of the Pen creative writing competition with a pencil in hand. When the instructor said "Go!" I took off, furiously scribbling my story in my adorned penmanship.  I couldn't write fast enough to keep up with the conversations in my head or the stories being built, and it was the best feeling in the world.  This must be where the astronomical, vertical wrinkle began between my eyes. 

Now, almost 20 years later, I'm an editor at a media company, married with no wee-beans of my own, living in a world that is spinning circles around me and still trying to find my way.  I've missed a part of me that could let those stories flow and that is what I'm searching for.

My life is a "fudged up symmetry" and these are the stories I want to share, the lessons learned, and your voices of reason that I may, or may not listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment