December 16, 2013

Miracle week.

We've made it so very far and I can't believe we are here. I'm not sure which event could top the other more -- my baby brother coming home today from Afghanistan, or that I'm having a baby this week.

Since my baby boy meets the world on Thursday, I will say that for today my brother coming home will come first. For all the faces that have cried and loved him from over the past 11 months, that he has come home safe and sound cannot be beaten.

And, last week I met my new beautiful niece Hailey. My family is abundantly growing and it couldn't be more beautiful to see and be a part of. I'm feeling so incredibly blessed and loved. Christmas really is an amazing time of year.

For all of my family and best friends that have endured so much heartache this year, God really does give back what he takes in one way or another.

But, try getting two words out of me without the tears these days. The lump in my throat is a powerball of happiness and there isn't much time to breathe through the whipping whirlwind. I guess that's good because I get little time to think about being scared shitless.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my daughter, my little chip off the "ole block! I love you and will do anything in my power to take away your fears. After all, I survived 4 babies in three years. One little creature at a time will be a piece of cake and I am thrilled that you want my help. Can't wait to meet my new little Irishman and see they joy in your eyes and daddy Ry! Thanks for your part in blessing my life so richly!

    ReplyDelete