September 26, 2013

Movie reel.

A few weeks ago I saw a little girl sprint off the school bus and run down the sidewalk to her beaming father. He was taking pictures of her as she ran to him, and I really can't find the words to describe the smiles on their faces. He grabbed her and swung her around, kissed her cheek while she talked at full-speed and he carried her home.

I captured their moment in my head and it spins like a movie reel on repeat.

Two weeks ago, on one of my regular Target visits, I listened to a little boy, who was sitting in the cart, carry on a conversation with his mother. And she spoke to him like an adult, not in baby talk, and he completely understood her. They talked about what kind of pillow to buy, which color of pillowcases he wanted, and what color his daddy would like him to pick.

I absentmindedly seemed to have added this to my movie reel. 

Last week, I rushed to my best friend and sister as it seemed she might be having their baby a little early, and there was no way that I was going to miss it -- I was on her delivery team!  Arriving just after midnight everything had calmed down and we were going to be able to wait. But it was a bit of a scare with her tiny breeched baby.

Because it was such a drive, and I was so afraid to miss anything, I stayed with her for a few days and we waited together. While she was too stubborn to stay on bed rest, we grabbed groceries and movies and tried any which way to get her baby to flip. We laughed our asses off at the things that only happen to pregnant ladies -- like the grunts that escape our lips when we try to get off the couch -- and, we cried about the miracles coming to us. I will forever cherish those days that we spent together.
My nephew, Grady = tiny perfection.

Baby Grady still had to be delivered through c-section but he came out ready to explore the new world. He was so bright-eyed and beautiful. The love I felt for him in that moment was instantly overwhelming. I have never felt so proud of my sister. Their perfect little family is just beginning their adventure.

I could go on and on as the reel keeps spinning as I keep attaching the scenes -- and chokes me up every single time.




4 comments:

  1. Just the thought of Mady's first day of school, as she climbs up the stairs of the bus looking back to wave, brings tears to my eyes. Grady is beautiful, and I'm beyond excited for you and your sis to be mamas. It's truly life-changing and worth every ounce of sweat and tears. Much love, Stace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment =) I definitely think of you as I begin to understand the changes all around us. XO

      Delete
  2. Awesome post, Janell! I totally felt like this today while Luke and I were walking through Chagrin Falls, no where to be anytime soon. We didn't have to rush and through his eyes I noticed so much more than I normally do on my own. He pointed out all the water, ducks, flowers, different types of bricks, motorcycles and BIG trucks that his little eyes could see. I actually thought that I wish someone was following us around with a video camera so I could capture this time forever. Life is so awesome when you take the time to enjoy it!

    By the way, Your little nephew is absolutely adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I love this! Thank you for sharing ...and reading! Every day I see how a whole new world begins.

      Delete