February 16, 2013

It's sickening how cute we are.

Every day I am thankful that I met the man of my dreams over a beer bong and spilled trash.

He didn't know that I was smitten when he walked into our bumpin' (always) apartment just below his and I demanded that he help me pick up the party trash that we so carelessly left on the stoop.

He didn't know that I was fresh out of broken hearts and ready to fly solo.

I knew that he just wanted to pick up some hot chicks.

Ha, but he didn't know that I had decided that I was going to be her.

And neither of us knew how we would change each other's lives forever.

It was a courting game. So many trials, denials and errors after we'd start a night out with six slugs on the beer bong.  I didn't always win, and many times he would win everyone over, except me. But it went both ways and we had one helluva ride soaring through BGSU's Falcon territory together.

We made it out alive and struggled through the after-years finding our way together. Every time that it seemed hopeless we just couldn't let go.

2012 marked our 10 years together (now married for two) and every day that I wake up to him I feel us growing stronger and stronger. There is nothing better than knowing you have a true partner, teammate and buddy 100 percent of the time.

(Mostly because he vaccums, does laundry, changes my oil and clears the driveway...just working on the dusting and cleaning the toilets.)



No comments:

Post a Comment